FEP (fluorinated ethylene-propylene copolymer) is a thermoplastic available in single-layer or multi-layer systems. FEP coatings in a multilayer system melt and flow during curing to give very low porosity films.
- Excellent non-stick properties
- Very good chemical resistance
- Low coefficient of friction
- Maximum operating temperature 205°C continuous, 230°C intermittent
- Excellent dielectric properties
- Antistatic effect by the addition of additives
- Low permeability for vapours and gases
The average thickness of an FEP coating is between 15 and 30µm in a single layer system and over 30µm in a multilayer system. With a hardness of approx. 56-60 shore D, the FEP coating is slightly less hard than PTFE and PFA coatings.
- Welding strips
- Heat sealing plates
- Plastic injection molds
FEP is one of the components of the coating products of the brands Ilaflon™ (Ilag), Xylan™, Dykor™, etc.