Rilsan® is a powder-type thermoplastic polyamide 11 coating (a monomer made from a castor oil derivative, "Bio-Sourcing"). It is available in several colors and contains no cadmium, lead chromate or other heavy metals.
Rilsan® gives new and renovated parts excellent protection against corrosion and the most severe aggressions:
- immersion in water, effluent, sea water, etc.
- saline mist
- at cathodic separation
- hydrocarbons, solvents and a large number of chemicals
The Rilsan® coating meets, under certain conditions, the requirements of various regulations on the suitability of materials in contact with drinking water and food. It is also characterized by:
- low moisture absorption
- vibration damping (flexibility of the coating)
- high ease of maintenance
- a pleasant aesthetic
- very good abrasion resistance
- very good resistance to shock, cold
The standard thickness of a Rilsan® TTM coating is generally between 100µm and 150µm. In some cases we can apply a thinner coating or conversely a thicker one.
Available colours: white, black, light grey, dark grey, light red, dark red, light blue, dark blue, green and yellow.
Potential applications of Rilsan® :
- Installation and tooling for various industries
- Machine housings and casings
- Washing racks
- Transport trolleys, goods trolleys
- Tubes, flanges, elbows
- Elements of refrigerating installations or household appliances