PTFE (Polytetrafluorethylene) is a fluoropolymer with multiple technical properties.
- Heat resistance: 260°C continuous, 290°C peak
- Very good to excellent anti-stick and water repellency
- Very good chemical resistance
- Very low coefficient of friction (according to the formulation only 0.02) and good abrasion resistance
- Dielectric or antistatic (by the addition of additives)
- Stability at very low temperatures
TTM Coating applies different grades of PTFE coating, in single or multi-layer forms (up to 4 layers).
PTFE coatings are particularly appreciated for their non-stick and chemical resistance. Many are compatible with food and (on request) medical standards.
Through the addition of graphite, molybdenum disulphide or PPS for example, PTFE is also a widely approved coating for mechanical applications.
Examples of applications:
- Cutting parts: knives, blades, saws
- Production lines: forming molds, sealing plates, welding jaws
- Transmission elements: gears, screws, bearings, racks
- Guiding elements: rails, slides, transfer plates
- Elements exposed to chemicals: tanks, washing racks, tweezers
- Kitchen utensils: griddles, pans, frying pans, beaters, cooking vats
PTFE is one of the components of the coating products of Ilaflon™ (Ilag), Xylan™, Greblon™, etc.