Wide range of coatings of inorganic character - or hybrid when inorganic silicon-based materials are complemented by organic polymers and nanocomposites. These coatings are obtained by a sol-gel process (hydrolysis and condensation). The structural units are connected at the molecular level. The variable composition of the sol-gel products makes it possible to adapt the properties of the coating to the required profile (e.g. hardness, flexibility, temperature resistance).
Some sol-gel coatings have a vitrified (enamel-like), hard, but more or less fragile surface.
Their main properties (depending on the formulation of the coatings):
- Smooth and hard surface with very good chemical resistance
- High scratch resistance
- Electrical insulation
- Anti-adhesion effect (reduced effectiveness in case of prolonged use at high temperatures)
- Excellent resistance to very high temperatures (up to 1000°C) in the case of purely inorganic coatings of the "nano-ceramics" type
- Little or no degradation (yellowing) of the surface in thermal contact
Consumer Goods Sector
- Frying pans, cooking racks, components for ice-cream maker machines, components of electrical and gas appliances
- Machine components on which abrasive materials slide
- Machine parts and installations exposed to high temperatures
- Utensils for applying adhesives